The CBI on Thursday raided the premises of the Sports Authority of India (SAI) in a case of alleged corruption and arrested six officials, including the director.According to PTI, CBI arrested SAI Director S K Sharma, Junior Accounts Officer Harinder Prasad, Supervisor Lalit Jolly and UDC V K Sharma, besides private contractor Mandeep Ahuja and his employee Yunus.It has been alleged that the SAI officials had demanded a three per cent cut to clear dues of Rs 19 lakh.In a late night video message, Sports Minister Rajyavardhan Rathore said the Centre had information on corruption in the sports body and passed it on to the CBI, which led to the arrests.We, as a govt,are committed to a corruption-free IndiaThat’s why when we found out corrupt practices by a few officers in @IndiaSports, we gave their info to relevant agencies,who arrested them todayWe will continue to have zero tolerance approach towards corruption @PMOIndia pic.twitter.com/R8YuRceS2XRajyavardhan Rathore (@Ra_THORe) January 17, 2019Rathore said the tweet: We, as a govt,are committed to a corruption-free India. That’s why when we found out corrupt practices by a few officers in @IndiaSports, we gave their info to relevant agencies,who arrested them today. We will continue to have zero tolerance approach towards corruption @PMOIndiaNeelam Kapoor, DG, SAI also reiterated Rathore’s statement and said, “We had received some complaints about corruption. We therefore approached the CBI and asked them to investigate the matter. There is zero tolerance for corruption in SAI. We will support any action against corruption.”advertisementCBI sealed the entire SAI premise and questioned several members of the staff to probe a case of alleged bribery.The search operation went on till late in the night after the CBI officers reached at 5 pm on Thursday evening.(With PTI inputs)Also Read | Rakesh Asthana moved out of CBI, sent to aviation security agencyAlso Watch | Was justice subverted to remove Alok Verma as CBI chief?
Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppInagua, Bahamas – October 31, 2017 – The Bahamas Industrial Manufacturers and Allied Workers Union says by the end of November, they expect it to be back to work as usual for its members who are employed at Morton Salt in Inagua.Morton is the largest employer on the island, with 145 staff who had been working lesser days due to the damages brought on by the catastrophic Hurricane Irma which slammed the south eastern island on September 7.Morton Salt issued a statement to update as well, saying limited operations are resumed now as the company tries to rebound from the damages to the operation owned by German, K&S Group.Paul Jackiewicz, is not giving an exact time for resumption of full service of the salt producing company, and explains, “At this time, we cannot provide a precise date as to when the site will return to full capacity because of the unique logistical challenges and other variables. Our team, as well as engineering consultants, have had a consistent presence at the site throughout the process to ensure a safe and timely return to full operations.” Related Items:#ingua, #MortonSalt Recommended for you Morton Salt plant in Inagua still out of operation Morton Salt plant in Inagua still out of operation