Her poise and beauty are astounding and the entire Caribbean community is proud of Haitian first runner-up in the recently held Miss Universe contest, Raquel Pellisier.The queen was welcomed in open arms by the South Florida city of Miramar recently and personally by mayor, Wayne Messam at a standing room only reception at the Miramar Cultural Center.The more than two hundred residents of Miramar and guests of the city were simply overjoyed that they could share the same space with the wonderful gem of Haiti and the wider Caribbean.Mayor Messam was well aware of the importance of the occasion to the residents as well as Pellissier’s family members.“It is truly an honor to have so many welcome a true role model for our Miramar young ladies. Miss Pellisier speaks four languages, is continuing her studies in optometry and competed as Miss Haiti in the Miss Universe pageant, coming in as the second runner-up. This reinforces the message that our youth can aspire to be all they desire to be,” Mayor Messam said.
Premier Dr. Orlando Smith says his administration plans to seek legal advice on a decision made by the United Kingdom which he says, breaches a constitutional agreement with the territory.he United Kingdom on May 1, announced plans to impose a public register that forces the territory to reveal information on beneficial owners with offshore companies – a policy that also affects other British Overseas territories.“We do not feel that this is right constitutionally because when we negotiated the constitution in 2007 ..And just as the other territories such as Bermuda, such as Cayman; we will be seeking advice from a constitution expert on this matter, the Premier said on Wednesday. Smith also said the move is not only a constitutional violation but also has an impact on human rights as the UK is infringing on the privacy of offshore company owners. “Here, as a territory, we’ve had the most severe natural disasters in a hundred years in the Caribbean and the BVI took the brunt of it. I think it goes against human rights provisions to be able to now go and say ‘we are going to take away the other factor of your economy’. That doesn’t sound right.”“I don’t think anybody would like to see their bank accounts being made public and this is a major factor as well,” he said. The territory has until December 2020 to comply with the new policy.
KINGSTON, Jamaica – Just hours after rising Jamaican sprinter Briana Williams received the go-ahead for the 2019 IAAF World Championships, Williams decided to withdraw from the meet which begins today.On September 26, Williams was given the all-clear to compete by the Independent Anti-Doping Disciplinary Panel (IADP), which handed down a verdict in her doping case.Just last month, the 17-year-old had tested positive for the banned diuretic hydrochlorothiazide which was found in her system during the National Senior Championships in June. Williams was said to have been feeling ill and took the popular flu tablet, Pharma Cold and Flu, which were contaminated by the diuretic.The IADP, in its verdict, said it finds that she “has established no significant fault or negligence as she was given the tablets by her guardian and had no intention to cheat”, and was given the all-clear to compete at the World Championships in Qatar.However, just hours after the verdict was handed down, Williams announced that she would not participate in the Championships. In a lengthy Instagram post, she said it had been a “very emotional sumer” for her and wished the Jamaican team well.“I have decided to forgo competing at the World Championships which starts tomorrow, considering the long trip to Doha and that the team has already started training for the relays.I am just relieved and thankful after what has been a very emotional summer. I would like to once again express my gratitude to everyone right across Jamaica who reached out to show support. I look forward to returning to the track for the 2020 season. Hopefully I still have a chance to make the trip to Doha to watch Jamaica compete. I would like to wish all our athletes and coaches the very best.” she wrote.23-year-old Sprinter Jonielle Smith was later selected to replace Williams in the women’s 100m that is set to get underway on Saturday morning. Smith will also accompany Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce and Elaine Thompson in the blue-ribbon sprint.Williams, the world-youth 100m record holder, says she now focuses her energy on making Jamaica’s national team to the Olympic Games in Tokyo, Japan 2020.
(MIRAMAR, FL.) – The City of Miramar is excited to present the 2nd annual Community Theatre showcase original production, A Musical Celebration of Life Honoring the Legendary O ’Jays. The opening night performance is scheduled for Friday, March 20, 2020, at 7:30PM and Saturday, March 21, 2020 at 2:00PM for a Family Fun afternoon, with free pre-show art activities including face painting. It is an original music production written and co-directed by JoMarie Payton (TV personality, Singer, Actress Director) from the hit TV show, Family Matters, and featuring students from the program. JoMarie will be available for on-air interviews and/or tapings.Miramar Community Theatre is structured as 10-week sessions where students engage in hands-on-participatory activities including acting, voice, musical instruments and costuming that culminate in the development of a full stage production. This learning through the arts initiative encourages creative thinking, breaks down barriers and builds self-confidence while honing both on stage and behind- the-scenes skillsets.The dedicated Community Theatre youth, along with surprise guest, will present A Musical Celebration of Life Honoring the Legendary O ‘Jays in an original production written and co-directed by JoMarie Payton!All tickets are $15.00 per person and open to the Community! Visit Ticketmaster or the Miramar Cultural Center box office at 2400 Civic Center Place, Miramar, FL to purchase tickets. Your support of this show is also support for the preservation and progression of Cultural Arts for future generations!
<> on October 14, 2015 in Northridge, California. MIAMI – The COVID-19 pandemic has infected nearly 1.5 million people globally and killed at least seventy thousand. Because of this, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) have urged the American public to stay at home when possible in order to safely avoid exposure and curb the outbreak.Yet, despite the highly contagious nature of this virus, the Department of Homeland Security has continued to detain and deport immigrants.On April 7th, 2020, at least 68 Haitian nationals were deported to Port-au-Prince. One of them was exposed to coronavirus at two different facilities.Deporting exposed detainees is incomprehensible. By sending these immigrants to vulnerable nations, The Department of Homeland Security knowingly put the detainees, the officers, Haiti, and neighboring Dominican Republic at risk.Haiti does not have the capacity to respond to a pandemic of this magnitude. It lacks ventilators, essential medical equipment for workers, and sufficient intensive care units for critically ill patients. The potential outbreak that could emerge would be disastrous for the country.Marleine Bastien, Executive Director of Family Action Network Movement (FANM) in Miami stated, “If the US government wants to contain the spread of the coronavirus, it will immediately order a halt on all deportations. We have a moral obligation to defeat this virus for the people of Haiti and of the world. Deporting immigrants at this time of crisis is inexplicable and runs contrary to the orders and mandates our own local and state lawmakers have put in place. This must stop now.”Institute for Justice and Democracy Haiti (IJDH) Policy Coordinator Steve Forester exclaimed, “Recklessly spreading coronavirus, one would think, should be a crime with maximum penalties attached. But that’s what DHS is doing by continuing deportations to Haiti and many other countries as if the coronavirus didn’t exist! All “normal” deportations, like yesterday’s of 68 persons to Haiti, of persons who have been detained in facilities which government officials have acknowledged are breeding grounds for infectious diseases, from a public health perspective, is a catastrophe endangering hundreds of thousands of vulnerable people in foreign lands.”FANM Board Chair Marie Paule Woodson stated, “ICE’s decision to deport the detained Haitians in spite of the coronavirus concerns is wrong and will only worsen the crisis in Haiti. It is inhuman, barbaric, and insane. The entire country stands the chance of being wiped out knowing the current conditions.”Prominent Immigration lawyer Ira Kurzban stated, “It is disgraceful that while Haiti is closed to all flights from the U.S., President Jovenel Moise accepts Haitians with the coronavirus in a county of 8 million, many with compromised immune systems resulting from the UN imported cholera epidemic.”Family Action Network Movement (FANM) urges The Trump Administration to put a moratorium on deportations to Haiti and all other nations in order to stop the spread of the coronavirus in this time of grave crisis. This virus is deadly and the federal government must respond in kind. In addition, all non-criminal immigrants should be freed to ease overcrowding and reduce the risk of contamination.
With about a week to the end of the UEFA Women’s EURO in the Netherlands, the stage is now set for the knockout rounds in which no team would have a second chance.Holders Germany, Denmark, Netherlands (hosts) , Sweden, Austria, Spain, England and France are the only teams left in the spotlight as the tournament gets even more intense with its air of unpredictability.Of course it might seem ridiculous to think that Denmark will serve fans an upset against Germany in today’s second quarter final – the Germans do not only reign supreme in the Women’s EURO as a whole, but also in their 21 meetings with the Danes, having 12 wins to their name and leading 44-17 in goals.However, Steffi Jones charges have been far from convincing in the Netherlands especially in front of goal and they have had to depend on penalties for three of their four goals so far.In the earlier quarter final of today, a sold-out crowd is expected to witness if the Netherlands can progress to the semi finals of the Women’s EURO for a second time in three appearances. The Dutch side have not lacked the immense home advantage that comes with being hosts and they won all their group games as a show of gratitude. Now, Sweden – who finished second to Germany in Group B – stand in the Netherlands way of taking the next big step on home soil.Austria are definitely the surprise package of the tournament. Who would have thought the newbies would beat favourites France to the top of Group C.And their fans are already hoping for a semi-final place considering that Spain – their last eight opponents – only managed to squeeze themselves through with three points.That match on Sunday will be followed by the big encounter between England and France. The Lionesses have roared their way to this stage in emphatic fashion, scoring the highest number of goals (10) and conceding just one. While France on the other hand have huffed and puffed with one win and two draws.However, in this tie England will be looking to beat France for the first time since 1974.So much to look forward to in the quarter finals of the Women’s EURO in the Netherlands. And the show starts tonight!FIXTURES:July 29Netherlands vs Sweden – 18:00Germany vs Denmark – 20:45July 30Austria vs Spain – 18:00England vs France – 20:45 Related
SBC Magazine Issue 10: Kaizen Gaming rebrand and focus for William Hill CEO August 25, 2020 StumbleUpon William Hill accelerates transformation agenda to overcome COVID realities August 5, 2020 Related Articles Share Share Submit Rank Group extends support for Carers Trust July 28, 2020 John O’ReillyJohn O’Reilly Non-Executive Director at William Hill told the Betting on Football conference audience that he is excited that betting is entering a new stage, following landscape changes to the industry and its key stakeholders.O’Reilly, a + 25-year industry veteran, has seen significant industry shifts in betting driven by new technology, changing consumer habits and regulatory change.With regards to digital technology capabilities, O’Reilly stated that industry stakeholders are still very much on the ‘nursery slopes’. The William Hill director said that the industry’s future leaders will be those that dominate data dynamics and competencies servicing their customers with optimal personalised products.Although betting operators are more reliant than ever before on technology output, O’Reilly believes that there are still too many ‘black holes’ and information ‘silos’ within existing betting operations.As the market moves further towards a full digital integration across all product verticals, O’Reilly an industry marketing expert warns that stakeholders and leadership have to be aware of ‘maintaining a consumer connection’.“Let’s remember that betting is a personal and unique experience to the consumer, which cannot simply be modelled,” The William Hill director states.Looking forward, O’Reilly points to the UK General Election on 8 June, stating that the industry should look to readdress its relationship with the government by acting on the ‘front foot’. He is disappointed that the industry has been unable to state its benefits to successive UK governments as an employer, tax generating sector and technology contributor.
Share StumbleUpon Submit Winning Post: Swedish regulator pushes back on ‘Storebror’ approach to deposit limits August 24, 2020 UKGC launches fourth National Lottery licence competition August 28, 2020 Related Articles Share UKGC hails ‘delivered efficiencies’ of its revamped licence maintenance service August 20, 2020 Fiona PalmerIndustry body the Remote Gambling Association (RGA) has today announced that it has named its national online self-exclusion scheme as ‘GAMSTOP’.The GAMSTOP scheme has been developed to meet the aims of the Gambling Commission’s Licence Conditions and Codes of Practice.The 2014 Gambling Act requires all remote gambling operators to have a player self-exclusion service as part of their UK Gambling Commission (UKGC) licence and code of practice.Moving forward, the GAMSTOP website will offer player information on all UK licensed operator online betting and gambling self-exclusion schemes.The website will further set out other measures that are available to help people manage their gambling and will signpost specialist advice and support services for those who might benefit from it.Fiona Palmer, RGA Director of Social Responsibility, speaking on behalf of GAMSTOP said ‘We are at a very exciting stage in the development of GAMSTOP. With the branding now established and process design well advanced, the focus in the coming months will be on technology integration and industry communication. We are therefore confident that we will deliver self-exclusion on the truly national scale needed to assist consumers who need this kind of help to manage their gambling.’Speaking on behalf of the UK Gambling Commission, Paul Hope, Programme Director said ‘The ability for consumers to exclude themselves from all online gambling with a single request will be a powerful tool for those that need it. We welcome the work the RGA is doing to develop GAMSTOP and look forward to it becoming available.’
Betsson outrides pandemic challenges as regulatory dramas loom July 21, 2020 Kindred marks fastest route to ‘normal trading’ as it delivers H1 growth July 24, 2020 Related Articles Submit Share Share StumbleUpon Prior to the release of its pending Q3 2017 trading update (scheduled for Wednesday 8 November), the governance of Stockholm-listed online gambling group Cherry AB has issued a corporate update detailing that it has revised its full-year 2017 corporate forecast.The firm’s revision of FY-2017 expectations follows a tougher than anticipated integration of acquired ComeOn assets having undertaken a strategic review of operations.Updating investors, Cherry governance has revised its full-year revenues to MSEK 2,200 (£196 million) from MSEK 2,500 (£224 million). The company now targets a 2017 profit EBITDA of MSEK 400 (£35.7m) from previously reported MSEK 480 (£43 million).In H1 2017, Cherry undertook its biggest corporate acquisition to date, acquiring European online gambling operator ComeOn outright for a total consideration of €280 million. Concluding its acquisition, Cherry governance stated that it would unify all B2C assets under its ComeOn! domain.“The process of integrating ComeOn has not been implemented according to plan, and the delay that occurred during the summer, combined with erroneous marketing decisions, contributed to higher costs and a weaker earnings trend than planned,” Cherry detailed in its market update.Restructuring ComeOn this October, Cherry announced the departure of Jonas Wåhlander as managing director of the online gambling division. Moving forward, Cherry governance stated that it is implementing a new management team for ComeOn, seeking to drive its acquired asset’s earning potential and capacity.Anders Holmgren, CEO of Cherry AB commented on the corporate update: “Naturally, I am disappointed that ComeOn! has not developed as well as we previously assessed. In the Online Gaming business area, the integration process has not been implemented efficiently as a consequence of the previous management’s poor focus on business. Thus, a new management team was appointed, consisting of people with the experience, market insight and control required.“The Online Gaming business area, with ComeOn! as its largest unit, has during the last twelve months increased its proforma revenues about 11 percent, however we are convinced that the company is capable to bring stronger growth with increased profit. We have a clear idea of what immediate actions are required, including cost reductions and focus on growth. The other business areas in the Cherry Group continue to develop well, with good cost control and well-balanced investments.” GiG lauds its ‘B2B makeover’ delivering Q2 growth August 11, 2020
Stockholm-listed online gambling group LeoVegas AB has confirmed that it has concluded its £65 million acquisition of UK-focused Intellectual Property & Software Limited (IPS) (first announced January 2018).The acquisition sees LeoVegas expand its UK online gambling portfolio, adding new assets 21.co.uk, Slotboss, Bet UK and UK Casino.In its market update, LeoVegas governance informs that IPS brands would now be collectively operated under its new UK-centric division ‘Rocket X’.Tackling the saturated UK betting and igaming markets, LeoVegas has launched a multi-brand/multi-product strategy, which will combine Rocket X assets with its flagship LeoVegas brand.“LeoVegas has pursued a global brand strategy that is very successful,” LeoVegas governance detailed in its market update“In larger markets, the group’s two global brands, LeoVegas and Royal Panda, can be complemented with a local, multi-brand strategy.“The UK is such a large and mature market that it warrants working with several brands that attract various types of customers. Rocket X has a strategy that focuses on digital and data-driven customer acquisition and thereby has one of the market’s most effective customer acquisition models.” Share Betsson outrides pandemic challenges as regulatory dramas loom July 21, 2020 Submit GiG lauds its ‘B2B makeover’ delivering Q2 growth August 11, 2020 Related Articles Kindred marks fastest route to ‘normal trading’ as it delivers H1 growth July 24, 2020 StumbleUpon Share