FRISCO, Texas – Sam Houston State’s Hanna Alberto is the Southland Conference March Golfer of the Month, the league announced Wednesday. All Southland Athletes of the Month are presented by MidSouth Bank.Alberto concluded the month with two first-place finishes in three tournament appearances. The junior posted scores of 69 in both of her first two rounds of the month at the UNF Collegiate (March 4-5) where she won the individual tournament title. She then followed up with a second-place performance at the UTRGV invitational (March 11-12) and another individual title at the HBU Husky Invitational (March 18-19).March Golfer of the Month: Hanna Alberto – Jr. – Kingwood, Texas Alberto won two tournaments this month and helped the Bearkats to another team title in her three tournaments last month. At the UNF Collegiate, two of her three rounds were the low round of the day in the tournament. Her two wins bring her season total victories to four and her career victories to seven. Both marks are new school records.Honorable Mention: Elodie Chapelet, Lamar; Alexandra Batista, Stephen F. Austin.Southland monthly award winners are nominated and voted upon by each school’s sports information director. Voting for one’s own athlete is not permitted. To earn honorable mention, a student-athlete must appear on 25 percent of ballots.
- Football Viewers’ Guide: Week 1
- SHSU’s Hanna Alberto Named March Women’s Golfer of the Month
- SANTA ANITA’S 20 CENT SINGLE TICKET RAINBOW PICK SIX JACKPOT CARRYOVER SWELLS TO $675,799 INTO SUNDAY
- Classy River Boyne Rallies To Take Grade III, $100,000 Thunder Road Stakes By 2 ½ Widening Lengths Under Cedillo
- Jose reveals dad played in goal at Wolves and praises Gazzaniga for ‘magic hands’