He said the Government is committed to reduce the use of cigarettes in the country.As part of this move, the Minister said the Government has already increased the price of cigarettes and also increased the tax on cigarettes. (Colombo Gazette) New laws are to be introduced to ban the sale of cigarettes near schools, Health Minister Dr. Rajitha Senaratne said today.The Minister also denied claims that a new tobacco company is to be registered in Sri Lanka.
- Iran tells US to take first step by ending sanctions
- Pradhan begins Russia visit seeking investments in oil natural gas fields
- Chandrayaan 2 completes fourth lunar orbit manoeuvre What next
- Girl who consumed poison after being gangraped dies Kolkata Police
- Ethics committee calls for expulsion of Sen Don Meredith over sex with